Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sherman's Grain & a walk with camera in hand!

Hello sweetie barn swallow (living in the barn, how ironic)
 Today I happened to have my camera in hand (no, really-- that's never happened!!) and snapped a few photos.  Too bad I didn't have it in hand last night when I patiently waited until one of the foxes came within 10 feet of me (I waved.... She shit her pants and ran for the hills, lol!). 
Patiently awaiting a much needed rain.  Growing like weeds despite... and the dry spell has turned our top layer of soil into a "dry soil mulch",  and we are CAUGHT UP on weeding.  Yesterday we were weeding and it was kinda pointless.  This rain will get our butts moving!!

Block 1 is getting really dry on the west side... Sherman says the trees suck a lot of moisture, he's right!  We will revisit what we plant there next year.

Block 2, Watermelons in foreground

Tomatoes... Slow with no water, but sure friggin' tasty!!

If you ever want a farmer to remember you, give them seeds.  They will plant them and every time they see the plants they'll think of you.  Jocelyn and Chris!!  We have three little babies so far.

These are my favourite of the summer squash.... Flying saucers have landed!!

The men, doing men stuff, while I pick herbs and take photos-- Lol.  Sherman still has a bunch of grain in these bins that he is selling.  Al came to haul it, and Pa came to help.

Al, Pa, and Sherman.

Love my little herb garden!  It's been bringing in the $$, my mint is doing better than the stuff at Brown Sugar.  Such a random and wonderful assortment of flowers, peppers, herbs, and a little catmint for Sammy.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment