Monday, June 12, 2017

One month old!

Wednesday was our anniversary, so Grandma did baby care while we went out for supper and visited the summer fair. Sounds simple, but in order for this plan to work I had to figure out using my breast pump for the first time, and we also practiced Myrah taking a bottle. Good skills to have as markets begin this week, so Papa Jon will have more baby care duties for the rest of the summer. 

After going to the farmers market to visit yesterday, I realize how many people are going to be disappointed that Myrah is not at the markets, but that's my work time, so if I bring the baby I'll be no help and might as well stay home. Same with the Veggie Lovers pickups... Not the place for the baby, especially since she makes it so that we have to put an extra seat in the van and therefore that much less space for bags. (Jon suggested he look after her when I visited the market, but as that was all people wanted to see, it wouldn't have made sense for me to shop alone yesterday!) I must say, public meet and greets with baby are wearing me out. It feels like everything takes so long with her around, mostly because everywhere we stop we visit! 
Samson cuddles
Just when we were going to snap a cute photo, she poops!!
Weeding and baby are not a good match. She did great handing out in her carseat, but apparently she is a tasty morsel to the wood ticks. After tick season we'll be full on in mosquito season, so wee baby better stay indoors I guess.
Hmmm...!
One month old today!! (June 9)
Future boss!
Visiting the Shermanator. He's been in the hospital a long time now, we've managed to visit every couple of weeks, though I know he'd love to see us every day! 
This face!! ❤ ❤ ❤ 
Kickin' cats... They don't seem to care at all.
Looking after grandma's greenhouse









No comments:

Post a Comment