Thursday, April 7, 2016

Death match

I've started looking after the Brandon Farmer's Market facebook page in addition to Jon & Teri's Farming Journey (personal) and Brown Sugar Produce.  BFM and BSP have nearly the same number of likes, so it's been fun to see them battle!  I know I'm competing against myself here, but it's still motivating!  The BSP page has highly engaged followers, and I'm on rebuild mode with the BFM- lots of followers but haven't been engaged.  It's been interesting to see them waking up as more content hits the page!

I am inexplicably nerdy about this kind of stuff-- constantly checking our stats and insights and who's been visiting our website from where.  It serves us well, as I can see A LOT of information from the back end of things-- like the search terms you used to find our website, to how many times you opened an email I sent you and what link where is bringing people to our site. 

Long story, but after a rather traumatic experience in Elementary school, I kinda swore I'd never do a job that involved a computer.  I managed to get away with minimal technology until I got my first work cell phone in 2011, and it's been downhill since then.  What I'm doing now is definitely an improvement over entire days in front of the computer (2013 & 2014), and I'm strategic about it, following theories like Inbox Zero for emails and always researching a new shortcut (Canned responses in Gmail?!  Heck yes!!).  So, it's a love-hate relationship.  I use it a lot and I'm happiest when I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment