Sunday, May 1, 2016

10 Reasons Series: #1 Myrah Farm

When I sat down and began making a list of all the things I would talk about in this blog series, the one that was #1 was always, without question, Myrah Farm.  That's what I call the property we live on, in the tradition of old farmer types around here you call the farm after the person who lived there before you.  So it's never really yours until you're gone.

And then yesterday happened.

Yesterday we lost our beautiful barn and 2 outbuildings including tractors in a fire.  It was the scariest thing I've ever gone through and it's going to take some time to get over it.  All people are okay, the house is fine, the firemen saved the bunnies, and Roseanne the cat will return once things settle down.

But, my opinion hasn't changed, in fact: that's the thing about losing something, it makes you more appreciative of the stuff you do have, and it makes you see more clearly the stuff that matters.

I am grateful for Myrah Farm!  I love this 17 acre little piece of prairie heaven.  And the best part?  Getting to know the Myrah family.  In tough times there's nothing better than a hug from a friend whose heart is broken just like yours, only he's had 40 more years than you to fall in love with the place.

Thank you for your concern and kind words, we will let you know if we need anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment