Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Swallows' Return

We've been anxiously awaiting the Swallows' return.  They came back yesterday!  I love the way they "bitch" at each other and swoop through the farmyard and chase the cats.  The first thing I noticed was there's no power wire for them to sit on anymore.  Then, near dusk we went outside and heard them calling to each other.  We followed the sound to the burned out pile where the barn used to be.  They were calling out loudly and sorrowfully, mourning the loss of their home.  So sad!  My heart broke a little more, but I know they'll find a new home nearby.  Animals are resilient like that.  So are people!

Jon and I have both had dreams about Roseanne the last 2 nights.  The point of songs like "the cat came back" is because they come back long after you've given up hope, right?  We haven't given up hope yet, and probably won't for the next decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment