Monday, May 2, 2016

Happy Anniversary to us

I'm so grateful for the Myrah family's support as we tackle one of the bigger challenges we've faced.  The impact of Saturday's events will be with us a long, long time.  The hardest part for me was watching everything burn, while I stood back helplessly waiting for the fire department.  The bright side is they arrived really fast and saved the house.  It was no more than 15 minutes, though it was the longest 15 minutes of my entire life.  I can't get the sound of the fire and the flames engulfing everything out of my mind.  The firemen were amazing, they saved the bunnies and stopped the fire from spreading to the entire property, and even came by yesterday to check in.  So, endless thanks to Riverdale Volunteer Fire Department, we are forever grateful to you.

Sheri, Brett & Barb, Lindy & Al, Sherman, Darby, and Sherallyn have all been out to visit or contacted us to offer support and kind words through this tough time.  Sherman loved the farm 40 years longer than I have and so he can understand what I am going through, even though I can't imagine how he feels.  We feel like a part of this family and we are grateful for that!

Jon and I are ok, I am feeling a bit traumatized but hopefully time will heal.  We are still hopefully awaiting Roseanne's return.  I'm getting off the farm today which will be a good thing, I am tired of having my heart break every time I look at it.  We arrived in Manitoba one year ago today, and this is a very sad anniversary for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment